Monday, August 24, 2015

Rainy Day Blues

So as I previously mentioned, I spend yesterday up north at the campground with my Mother in Law.  The weather was perfect and it was a really relaxing day!  I made a bad choice to stop and get a donut for Ellie (I swear, that was my intention when we stopped!), but I ended up getting one too.  I felt guilty all day, since that obviously isn't on my meal plan!  I made up for it by having a pretty healthy dinner (pork kabobs with lots and lots of veggies!).  Cody ended up taking the evening off and was able to come hang out with us for a few hours.  I always love when he gets to take some time to just get away from work stuff and relax!

Have you ever had one of those days when one thing just spirals into another and before you know it, your whole day is out of whack?  That was my day today.  The plan was to wake up, have breakfast and head to the grocery store.  Then we'd come home, I'd put Ellie down for her nap, and I'd do an at home workout.  Well, I woke up and realized that we really had nothing for breakfast nothing we had sounded good for breakfast.  So, I called my parents to see if they wanted to go out.  They agreed, so we met at Bob Evans. I ended up ordering eggs, sausage, hash browns, and a pancake.  Way more food than I needed, but it sure was tasty!

After breakfast, I decided to go to the grocery store.  When we were at breakfast, it started storming, so we kind of hung out until the rain slowed down. We left and made a quick stop at the grocery store.  We went home, and once I got Ellie down for a nap, I just felt like I had no energy.  I'm sure it was a mix between the rain and the fact that I didn't really eat very healthy yesterday.  But I just couldn't pull myself off the couch. As the day went on, and I kept getting busy doing other things, my workout just didn't happen. I'm so sad because I was doing so good at keeping my workout plan.

I keep reminding myself that tomorrow is a new day, and I can't let myself fall completely off the wagon, just because I had a bad day.  Bad days are bound to happen throughout this journey.  How I choose to get back up from those bad days are what really matter, and I plan to make tomorrow count!!

3 comments:

  1. It's tough to lose weight when you have a chef for a husband. My hubby is a good cook too and I find it difficult to say no to his yummy meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very tough!! Thankfully, I make most of the meals at home, but we love going out to eat (research, he calls it! ha!) and that can really put a damper on my weight loss!!

      Delete
  2. It's tough to lose weight when you have a chef for a husband. My hubby is a good cook too and I find it difficult to say no to his yummy meals.

    ReplyDelete